Monday, March 26, 2012

Problem rendering Reports with sub-reports to CSV

Hi, all.

Hope all is well with you. I have a Q re Reporting Services, hope someone can help me out. My setup: SQL Server Reporting Services 2000 SP 2, running in W2K3, Visual Studio 2003.

I have a report made up of a few sub-reports, stacked on top of each other. When I render the main report in Report Manager (HTML), the sub-reports comes out on top of each other as designed in the Layout, similarly when I export it to PDF.

However, when I export the main report to CSV, all of the sub-reports come out next to each other, rather than on top of each other, as originally designed.

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

Thank you very much.

Cliff.

Unfortunately the CSV renderer is not at all a layout renderer -- it just emits the data without too much regard for layout.|||

So, are you saying that there's probably no way around this problem?

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment