Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem report xp_MSADEnabled

Hello,
I have detected a problem with the stored procedure xp_MSADEnabled. I am using Windows 2000 (workstation, 5.00.2195, SP4) and SQLServer 2000 Developer (Product version 8.00.858 SP3). Calling xp_MSADEnabled results in an unspecified error (-2147467259).
If I call the same procedure on a Windows 2003 Server machine, it works fine.
This procedure is called in several other system procedures like sp_addmergepublication and sp_dropmergepublication.
I am developing the replication functionality of a database application. I discovered the problem when I wanted to call sp_addmergepublication from my ADO.NET application. This resulted in the SqlException "A severe error occurred on the current command.
The results, if any, should be discarded". Calling this procedure from the SQL Query Analyzer did not result in the error.
greeting, Marco
This procedure test to see if the particular SQL Server is Active Directory enabled.
In your code are you publishing your publication to Active Directory? IE in the proc sp_addpublication are you setting
@.add_to_active_directory to true?
Do you need this functionality?
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
|||Thanks for reply.
I don't need active directory functionality. I set the @.add_to_active_directory to false but the sp_addmergepublication still calls xp_MSADEnabled.
-- Hilary Cotter wrote: --
This procedure test to see if the particular SQL Server is Active Directory enabled.
In your code are you publishing your publication to Active Directory? IE in the proc sp_addpublication are you setting
@.add_to_active_directory to true?
Do you need this functionality?
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
|||Hi
Looking at other people having problems with this xp_MSADEnabled tend to
point to service account problems such as duplicate account entries in the
AD or insufficient permissions to access it.
John
"Marco Broenink" <marco.broenink@.ict.nl> wrote in message
news:0EB1A879-F364-4646-AE5B-28C3754194AD@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I have detected a problem with the stored procedure xp_MSADEnabled. I am
using Windows 2000 (workstation, 5.00.2195, SP4) and SQLServer 2000
Developer (Product version 8.00.858 SP3). Calling xp_MSADEnabled results in
an unspecified error (-2147467259).
> If I call the same procedure on a Windows 2003 Server machine, it works
fine.
> This procedure is called in several other system procedures like
sp_addmergepublication and sp_dropmergepublication.
> I am developing the replication functionality of a database application. I
discovered the problem when I wanted to call sp_addmergepublication from my
ADO.NET application. This resulted in the SqlException "A severe error
occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded".
Calling this procedure from the SQL Query Analyzer did not result in the
error.
> greeting, Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment