Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem running SSIS from C#

have one script that works fine. I am doing the exact same thging with this new script and it runs fine from C# on my desktop and runs fine from SS on the server but comes back with a failure when trying to run from C# on the server. Is there any additional info I can retrieve about the problem? All I am getting right now is "Failure" from the result field.

if (result == DTSExecResult.Failure)

{

Console.WriteLine("Task failed or abended");

log.Error("Problem with DTS Script");

log.Error(result);

}

else

I would first try looking at the error info in Package.Errors, especially the error description stored in each error object in the collection.|||package.errors did not really give me any useful information. Is there anything else I can look at or canm anybody think of any reason why the SSIS would not work from a C# program but works everyplace else? I have others that work and cannot find any difference between the two.|||If you have other packages that work from your C# program, then it's possible something in that particular package is causing a problem (e.g. missing dependency for a task). I would try to narrow this down by reducing that package is something simpler that works (e.g. by disabling or removing tasks), then start adding back functionality until you get an error.|||

Ted Lee - MSFT wrote:

If you have other packages that work from your C# program, then it's possible something in that particular package is causing a problem (e.g. missing dependency for a task). I would try to narrow this down by reducing that package is something simpler that works (e.g. by disabling or removing tasks), then start adding back functionality until you get an error.

Package runs from the C# on my desktop and runs from SQL Server from the server. It is just after moving the EXE to the server and running it on the server that the SSIS will come back as a "Failure" and bomb.

|||What is the actual error message reported from the package?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment