Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem running SSIS from C# executable when kicked off by another executable.

If I kick off my C# executable from the server everything works fine but if I have another C# executable kick off the C# executable that runs the SSIS I get an error message saying it cannot run SSIS package. I am thinking it sounds like a permissions problem but not sure. Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Errors I am getting.

2007-09-26 15:02:30,187 [1] ERROR reporting.Processor [(null)] - Problem with Direct Script

2007-09-26 15:02:30,843 [1] ERROR reporting.Processor [(null)] - {Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsError, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsError, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsError, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsError, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsError}

Thanks in advance.It appears to hqve a different ID running the executable when kicked off from the first executable which is kicked off from JCL. When I run the Exe it has my id and runs fine. What is a better approach to fixing this, changing the roles on the SSIS scripts or adding the id to SQL Server? Assuming this is the problem.|||You might have to better show the whole picture. Where packages are stored, how many packages, what your "C# executables" do, and then you mention JCL, a mainframe concept. Seems like quite a few pieces here.

Do you have package logging turned on?|||

Can you add a message box in your app to display the current credentials? I'd guess that your user credentials aren't being passed from the first app to the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment