Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem Replication With DTS

I have transactional replication with DTS in SQL 2000.
In the initial snapshop i got de next error (trasnlate fron de spanish) " The process found invalid column date in the bcp file -path-".
I review the bcp file but i didn't found spacial characters. In order to discard DTS problems, the DTS had only the defult transformations that the SQL creates for it.
The problem does not appear when i don't use DTS with the same data and conditions.
Somebody has anay idea about this error?
Thank you.
what was the error number?
I am afraid your English is too poor for me to understand (and my Spanish is
too bad as well) what you are trying to do and what the problem is. Can you
post this in Spanish for me, and I'll have it translated into English and
then post back in Spanish?
cul era el nmero del error? Estoy asustado que su ingls es demasiado
pobre para que entienda lo que usted est intentando hacer y cules es el
problema. Puede usted fijar esto en espaol para m, y m voluntad para
tenerla traducida a ingls y despus para fijarla detrs en espaol?
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Rsantacruz" <Rsantacruz@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E6D5EDE0-1481-4FDA-94B6-9C21AA24EB4A@.microsoft.com...
> I have transactional replication with DTS in SQL 2000.
> In the initial snapshop i got de next error (trasnlate fron de spanish) "
The process found invalid column date in the bcp file -path-".
> I review the bcp file but i didn't found spacial characters. In order to
discard DTS problems, the DTS had only the defult transformations that the
SQL creates for it.
> The problem does not appear when i don't use DTS with the same data and
conditions.
> Somebody has anay idea about this error?
> Thank you.
|||Thank you for your time Hilary and sorry for my English.
I have the next Transactional replication problems:
1) I performed transactional replication to Oracle subscriber.
The subscriber was configured using Micrososft OLE DB provider for Oracle, because I need to use DTS to transform the data before applying it to Oracle.
In the initial snatshop I got error (windows error) with distrib.exe:
The instruction at '<address>' referenced memory at '<address>'.
The memory could not be "read"
Click OK to terminate the program.
This problem appears with a table with a few rows. The only that I saw in the bcp file is that, there is some char(255) fields with blanks (like char(13), or returns in Word), when I removed some of this blanks from the bcp file and restart the synchro
nization the things go fine.
When I do the same replication of the same data to SQL subscriber it's fine too.
2) The second problem with other table that I got: having the same conditions as described previously
In the initial snatshop I got error (replication error)
"The process encountered invalid column data in bcp file -PATH-"
Not error number and nothing more in the error description.
And the same, when I saw the bcp file and cut some blanks in field (character field) the things go fine.
With SQL subscriber, it's fine too.
I did not use DTS in this case but the result is the same.
I reinstalled SQL SP3 and Win2000 SP4 and I got the same result.
I don't know if there is a some deficiency with OLE DB providers when you used them with replication.
If you know how to resolve this problem, please say me.
Thank yoo for your time, and sorry for this long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment