Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem scheduling a package

Hi,
I have a package saved in the msdb database. When I right click on it and execute, it works fine through the dts utility program.

When I schedule it, it always errors out with the message "The command line parameters are invalid".

The package is password protected. The command line in the dts utility reads: /DTS "\MSDB\<package name>" /SERVER aawork2/DECRYPT /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING V
I have to enter my password to view this.

In the job step, if I click the command line, it reads: /DTS "/MSDB/<package name>" /SERVER aawork2/DECRYPT <password> /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF

I suspect its something to do with the password protection and the fact the job runs it under the service account.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Asim.
No, the problem (most likely) is that the package path has forward slashes instead of backward slashes. Try changing them to back slashses. Also put a space between the server name and the /DECRYPT option. These were bugs that should be fixed by RTM.

Thanks,
Matt|||Matt, it works. Thanks! This was very helpful.

Asim.

No comments:

Post a Comment