Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem scheduling DTS packages

I am getting the following error whenever I schedule a new DTS package:
SQL Server does not exist or access denied
This is new, all of my older scheduled packages run without any problem.
This just started occuring during the past week and is occuring on all of my
SQL Servers (7 and 2000).
Any ideas?John
Well , Perhaps you are created the DTS package on your computer and when
you execute the package it runs under account of your computer (SQL Agent
service)
By default, the owner of that service is LocalSystem (with has many
Administrator-style permission, but *NO* access to any network resources).
So, change the account of that service to a Domain Admin account (or other
suitable account with permissions on both computers (server and yours)
"John Hamilton" <jhamil@.nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:uxNQlFVnDHA.2628@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I am getting the following error whenever I schedule a new DTS package:
> SQL Server does not exist or access denied
> This is new, all of my older scheduled packages run without any problem.
> This just started occuring during the past week and is occuring on all of
my
> SQL Servers (7 and 2000).
> Any ideas?
>|||I'm just curious why it was working, I haven't changed anything and now it
does not. The network guys applied some security patches about the time
this started.
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:eERZIZVnDHA.3612@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> John
> Well , Perhaps you are created the DTS package on your computer and when
> you execute the package it runs under account of your computer (SQL Agent
> service)
> By default, the owner of that service is LocalSystem (with has many
> Administrator-style permission, but *NO* access to any network resources).
> So, change the account of that service to a Domain Admin account (or other
> suitable account with permissions on both computers (server and yours)
> "John Hamilton" <jhamil@.nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:uxNQlFVnDHA.2628@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > I am getting the following error whenever I schedule a new DTS package:
> >
> > SQL Server does not exist or access denied
> >
> > This is new, all of my older scheduled packages run without any problem.
> > This just started occuring during the past week and is occuring on all
of
> my
> > SQL Servers (7 and 2000).
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment